Akron Beacon Journal Endorses Kathleen Clyde for Secretary of State
Wednesday, October 17th, 2018
COLUMBUS — The AkronBeaconJournal editorial staff today endorsed Democratic state Rep. Kathleen Clyde (D-Kent) to be Ohio’s next Secretary of State, citing her preparedness for the position and highlighting her long-standing commitment to improving Ohio elections.
• Kathleen Clyde “has the skills to perform well in the office” and is “well prepared for the position.”
• She’s offered “an informed and thoughtful way to the debate” over voting rights
• Praised her “ambitious, and warranted” elections cybersecurity plan
• Says Clyde “gets the bipartisan essence and larger responsibilities of the secretary of state”
• Ohio’s “bipartisan election system would benefit from bipartisan leadership at the top”